Hey all!
I know a lot of you are from West Michigan, so I just wanted to pass on this *great* photo op, not to mention just a really fun day for the family!
The Grand Valley State University Renaissance Festival is this upcoming weekend, October 7th and 8th, from 10am til 6 or so, rain or shine. It's open to EVERYONE! And, fun for EVERYONE!


I'm a member of the organization that puts it all on. I would love to meet some people from the board there. I'll be on site all weekend. I'm a cast member. Or you can ask any of the people at the jail as that's where my friends work most of the weekend.

Please, please consider coming!
It's put on by students and we are "in character" to the time period, from the clothing(garb) to the fake accents (those of us that can do them... I can't). We do all the planning and stuff throughout the year and work really hard on it.

There's Renaissance themed entertainment, (like fighting (boys love that part... not sure why [img]wink.gif[/img] ) and dancing and skits) and merchants selling crafty things, like handmade soap and weapons, and period clothing. It's a really fun time for the whole family. You can also "arrest" people for only a dollar and they have to perform some sort of embarassing , like singing a song, to get out of jail. My roomate is making the "Wheel of punishment."

There's also lots of oppurtunities for pictures, either with the "citizens" of the fair (anyone from the Duchess to the pirates!) or just in general, as GVSU has a beautiful campus. An album of it would be awesome, I'm sure. (I might even do a behind the scenes album, but I might not be able to buy batteries for my camera.)
For more information or directions, feel free to PM Me or go to http://www.cis.gvsu.edu/~haskinb/gvren/

I hope to see someone there!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 03, 2006 12:32 AM: Message edited by: supernonamegirl ]</font>